Rankin and Rankin Paying for Personal Injury Treatment Conway, SC

What If I Can’t Afford Treatment for my Personal Injury?

Getting hurt is never fun.  Getting hurt is even more frustrating when it’s due to someone else’s negligence or mistake.  After being injured, you probably want to go to the hospital or see a medical provider to receive treatment and make sure that you are going to be O.K.  However, as we all know, going to the emergency room (or to see any doctor) is going to be expensive, especially when your personal injury is severe.

Getting the medical attention you need can be very expensive, and it is not difficult to rack up tens of thousands of dollars worth of treatment if you are badly hurt, require hospitalization/surgery, or need to see a specialist.  You may feel stuck and worried, wondering how you can possibly afford the help you need.

Fortunately, there are a variety of ways to not only get the medical treatment you need, but possibly to have the person at fault (or likely their insurance company) foot the bill.  Often, the best way to seek recovery for medical treatment received due to the fault of someone else depends on the situation, or type of accident.  Let’s look at a few of the most frequently encountered situations.

Automobile Accidents and Slip and Falls

Unfortunately, car crashes happen every day and are the most likely way someone else may cause you to be injured.  Slip and falls are another way you may find yourself hurt due to someone else’s negligence, such as not cleaning up a slip.  With both types of accidents, you may be able to file a personal injury suit or seek a settlement to pay for your medical expenses.

If you are hurt and it is someone else’s fault, such as another driver or the owner of a premises, you may have the ability to file a claim to recovery not only for the medical treatments you required, but also for the pain and suffering you endured.  If the personal injury claim is successful, you can use funds recovered from the at-fault party to pay towards your medical treatment.

Additionally, medical expenses may be recovered if personal injury protection (PIP) or medical payment (medpay) coverage is available through your automobile insurance policy or the insurance policy of the landowner.

On-the-Job Injuries

Your injury which requires medical attention may also occur why you are at work.  In this context, you may (depending on the facts) be able to file a personal injury suit and/or to file a claim to receive workers’ compensation benefits.

Workers’ compensation is designed to protect workers who are hurt on the job, regardless of fault.  Workers compensation can cover medical related costs, such as:

  • Hospitalization
  • Surgery
  • Medical Supplies
  • Physical Therapy
  • Prosthetic Devices
  • Prescriptions

Additionally, workers’ compensation benefits may also be able to pay for lost wages and other expenses (such as the mileage incurred while traveling for medical reasons).

Let Rankin & Rankin Help

Getting hurt and realizing that you need medical treatment is scary, especially when you are worried about how you are going to pay for the treatment you so badly need.  We are here to help.  Call us today so that we can put our knowledge and experience to work for you.  Schedule a FREE CASE EVALUATION by calling 843-248-2405 or by writing us to find out how we can work to get you the medical treatment and recovery you need and deserve.

Rankin and Rankin Law Firm is located in Conway, South Carolina and serves the entire Lowcountry area including Horry County, Myrtle Beach, Georgetown, Charleston, and Hilton Head, SC.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.